A healthy smile is a beautiful smile
At our practice, patients often decide to use traditional metal braces to improve the appearance of their smile or to solve a health issue related to misaligned teeth — or both! Whether you are considering straightening your teeth for cosmetic or health-related reasons, they are both equally important to your overall well-being. And in both cases, metal braces can be a great option.
Traditional metal braces are one of the most effective treatments for orthodontic issues like biting problems and crowded, crooked, or gapped teeth. Left untreated, these can not only affect your confidence, but also cause functional problems and lead to other health issues, such as cavities, gum disease, migraines, and TMJ.
Metal braces are one of the most reliable and cost-effective ways to align teeth and develop a better bite. That is why they are a great alternative for kids, teens, and adults.
- Will reliably straighten your teeth and help you improve their function
- Are made to last. As long as you follow our instructions, they will last throughout your treatment and will not have to be replaced
- Can not be removed by the patient — which means they provide uninterrupted care and you will not risk losing them
- Can prevent more serious dental problems in the future. Orthodontic issues often get worse when left untreated. Metal braces can address a wide range of them.
- They will help you achieve a beautiful smile and boost your confidence in a cost-efficient way
- They add great fun to your treatment! By changing the colorful elastics around them, you can get a new look on every visit and celebrate holidays or your favorite sports teams!
Dr. Luba Richter
See Our Work
Frequently Asked Questions
How should I take care of my metal braces?
Metal braces are very durable. However, there are some recommendations that you must keep in mind at all times to ensure that they work properly and last for the entire duration of your treatment:
- Avoid eating hard foods (like ice and hard candy) and sticky foods (like gum and taffy)
- Avoid chewing pencils or picking on your braces
- Wear a mouthguard to protect your mouth when participating in contact sports
- Wear your appliances and elastics as instructed
- Keep your teeth and braces clean. Follow the cleaning recommendations we will provide to you
- Keep up with your regular checkups to ensure that everything is running smoothly
Will my braces interfere with my everyday activities?
Keep in mind that if you enjoy singing, playing an instrument, or practicing contact sports, you may require some adjustment at first. In case you play a contact sport, you must wear a mouthguard to protect your mouth.
Do braces hurt?
Hear From Our Patients
I have had nothing but a great experience at Dr. Richter’s! Everyone is super nice and helpful! Thank you front desk ladies, assistants and doctors for your kindness and for caring.
— Jennifer M.
Very friendly environment and they know what they are doing. You can feel very safe and confident about how your kid is gonna look in the future.
— Pramada K.
Dr. Richter was very nice and informative and lets you know everything up front including costs for you to make your decision before moving forward. The office was very clean, bright, and cheery.
— Nancy T.
Best orthodontist in capital city! Always receive a warm welcome from Calvin and Amanda. Highly recommend to everyone!
— Jameson S.
My whole family has been treated by Dr. Richter, everyone at her practice has always been fantastic!
— Tom W.
The experience is very, very good one overall! It’s great that the waiting room has fun video games to entertain the younger kids.
— Jennie L.
Sit back and relax. Our office is designed with safety, cleanliness, and comfort in mind. We wouldn’t have it any other way.
Friday - Sunday: Closed
Ready to get started?
Book your free initial consultation.
Discover the difference Luba Richter Orthodontics can make in your life. Welcoming patients ages 6 to 100+!
1. Book your free initial consult and meet with an orthodontist
2. Work together to start your smile journey
3. See your smile — and your life — change for the better